Wednesday 12 November 2014

Pink Peace Cards

Hello Friends ~
I've been making a few more cards over the past couple of weeks, and just thought I would share a few of these.
I've duplicated the card from my post, titled 'Peace', and made a couple more ... some in pink [this was meant to be Christmas Crimson!! Ah well ... ] and another done in the blues, but with gold embossing.
I've added poinsettias to some ... a free Penny Black gift with an English magazine called Papercraft Essentials ~ Issue 113.
Those English magazines sure have some terrific gifts. Although we pay more for them here, they certainly pay you back with their freebies.

Here are my latest cards. I hope someone will enjoy looking through them.



Thinking of what to do on the inside of cards is always a chore for me. I guess it may eventually come easier.

On the front of the card, I used die-cut doves, made from about 150gsm card. On the inside though, I used paper ones so they wouldn't have too much substance.


The colours I used in this were Seedless Preserves and a bit of Dusty Concord. Also Archival 'Plum' for the little bits of stencilling. The greenery is from the Martha Stewart punch, 'Twigs' I think it\'s also called 'Branches'?


Here's something a little different! This idea comes from a Youtube video by Jennifer McGuire, who has some wonderful ideas for cards, both Christmas and otherwise. These trees are made by sponging colour [Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn] through a sectioned-off part of a round stencil. This particular one is called 'Mayan Calendar', by Crafter's Workshop. You just section of a portion of the stencil with tape, and sponge colour through the triangle you've created. Add the trunk and star, and you have a Christmas tree. Cut a curvy mask and sponge some colour on the edge of it to create some snowbanks ~ I used Salty Ocean. I also lightly sponged the sky. Jennifer didn't, and left hers white, but I liked the faint colour for the sky, and after the first one, I did this to all mine. Lastly, heat emboss the sentiment. Oh, and add an insert of course. Mine were plain white with some tiny silver stars across the very top and bottom. You can just see the inserts in the photo below.



And here is my 'Peace' card, done in blue and gold. This sentiment is also from the free Penny Black set that came with Papercraft Essentials Issue 113.

Thank you so much for looking at my cards and visiting my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what amazing work! You are a bit like me, kind of all over the place, multi media, distressed, CAS, shabby chic, winsome, etc... FUN, huh? And thank you ever so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment on the nighttime waterfall card. Much appreciated ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosy, thank you!! Yes, I love all the variety ... I just want to try everything! You are right ... SUCH FUN! I love the waterfall card. I love stopping in at your blog, but I've never been much of a blogger, and forget. I forget my own ... and also to visit others. I'm trying to improve this! It's so nice to keep in touch!

      Delete
  2. Love those Christmas Trees! Glad to see you've been busy crafting...beautiful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona!!! Thank you! How are you? Almost ready for Christmas?

      Delete